- Monday meant almost 500 km under terrible conditions, bad light, snow swirling and a lot of German drivers who are not used to these conditions.
- Tuesday was the day when I lost it with one of my Grade 9:ers in a remedial group. We don’t have hall passes, so having to go to the bathroom is an accepted excuse. But twice in a 40-minute lesson?
- Wednesday My Grade 8 Class in Swedish are finally on the road to writing their reading log on the Net. Yes, we have a Reading Blog – exclusive for the students and myself alone… I am so looking forward to taking part of their work and thoughts this way – as opposed to deciphering handwritten entries in a notebook.
- Thursday was the day when the same group as above really showed their mettle when given a new task. This was also SG’s last day before a 2-week holiday in Thailand and Cambodia. I got a HUGE hug from her when I left her on her bus… Feels very good!
- Friday was the days when my efforts to make good use of extra planning time (SG is gone) came to nothing, because I’m so good at doing things ‘instead of…’ After that I spent 50 km driving behind 2 German trucks, toodeling along at 80 km/h, totally unaware of the build-up of vehicles behind them. Because of drifting snow, no one wanted to chance a take-over so by the time we arrived in the nearest bigger town, there were no less than 30 (thirty) vehicles behind these two trucks. Living in the north of Sweden, this is a situation almost worthy of a notice in the local newspaper… (Yes, I know – I live in the wilderness, compared to most of my readers.)
- If I can’t figure out how to publish my pictures in the size I want, I may have to abandon wordpress… Then what?
Update – I figured it out – just by reading the instructions…